Application Deadline 23rd of October 2020
They realise that iPads are an important tool in helping care home residents stay connected to loved ones. iPads in combination with digital care planning help staff monitor and evidence care.
NHS Direct see the iPad used for the following applications:
- Holding video consultations with health and care professionals
- Using NHSmail (a secure NHS internal email service)
- Connecting care home residents with loved ones remotely
- Getting direct access to any other tools or systems needed to support the care of residents
No stable wifi connection in your buildings? NHSx will include a data-enabled SIM card (12 months free of charge) for those homes that struggle with wifi signals.
The offer is just part of NHSx’s ongoing work which includes providing digital and technical advice and guidance to care providers to support caregiving.
Find out whether you are eligible.
- Does your home receive all or some of their funding for residential care from the NHS or from a local authority?
- Do you have less than one tablet device per 40 residents?
- You must apply for a device using the NHSx order form.
The link for the full list of eligibility criteria is here.
You can read the full article from NHSx here.