The decision of when to move from paper to digital care plans is a big one, especially when time and money are in short supply. Moving care homes to digital could be the most important step since acquisition or stepping into a new position.
The answer to the question, when is the right time to make the jump, comes down to measuring the cost of doing nothing.
If your care home group is struggling to turn underperforming homes around, if you are concerned about the number of incidents that are occurring, or if your occupancy rates are below a healthy level, then to keep your business afloat, you need to act now.
The CASPA paper on “How to Go Digital” is basic but good and maps out the following 6 key steps.
- Decide your primary goal, what is driving your need and then measure the cost to your business.
- Assess what challenges you might face in taking on a new system.
- Take time to research suppliers
- Shop around and make sure you are partnering with the right company.
- Demo each of the products properly so you go past the shiny front end and see whether the ‘engine’ of the system is state-of-the-art.
- Manage the change. This is when a good partnership and the best training and change management experience is critical.
To read the full paper, click here.
To speak with a KareInn consultant, email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!